Opportunities are available for overseas students attending medical schools outside Singapore to do clinical electives at Sengkang Health at Alexandra Hospital. Please read the information carefully before applying.
Applying For Elective Posting to Sengkang Health (SKH)
1. Applicants must be bona-fide students of a reputable medical school, and already in their clinical years.
2. Applicants should apply at least one month in advance, otherwise the application will not be considered. At the earliest, applications will be processed 12 months before the start of the proposed elective.
3. Postings applied for are subject to the availability of vacancies and supervision, and the approval of the Head of the respective clinical department.
4. Postings are counted in weeks, commencing on a Monday, and ending on a Friday. The minimum and maximum posting periods are 2 weeks and 8 weeks respectively.
Documents To Be Submitted By Post:
1. Application form and fee
2. Letter confirming student status (original letter on university stationery from the parent university)
3. A statement of intent explaining your reasons for the particular elective.
4. Proof of Hepatitis B, C and HIV screening (based on recent laboratory results, i.e. done within the last 6 months from application). The proof of hepatitis should state the results of HBs Antigen and HBs Antibody.
5. Proof of Health Insurance (include police)
6. Professional Indemnity/ Malpractice Insurance
7. Photocopy of passport
8. Two recent passport-sized photographs (one to be pasted on the Application Form
9. Photocopy of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificationAll documents must be submitted in English.
All applications will be processed only upon receipt of the above-mentioned documents. The address is as follows:
Sengkang Health at Alexandra Hospital
Block 20B, Level-3378 Alexandra Road
All applicants must pay an application fee for administrative processing costs, including 7% GST.
Singaporeans/Permanent Residents: SGD$21.40
SKH is not charging overseas elective fee.
Cheque or Bank Draft should be made payable to “Sengkang Health Pte. Ltd.”
For Cheque: If you are residing in Singapore, local cheque or cashier order purchase from Singapore.
For Bank Draft (International Draft): international students are advised to purchase a bank draft in Singapore currency from the banks.
Application fee is non-refundable when:
1. Applicant requests for a change in dates of already agreed posting but no appropriate dates can be found.
2. Applicant decides not to pursue their postings after confirmation.
3. Applicant discontinues application process.